Friday, September 16, 2011

The Craftiness Continues - My Personalized Hanger

By far, my favorite part of the planning process has been the DIY (do it yourself) touches, and a lot of those ideas came from a picture of some type or a general idea that acted as my inspiration.

The latest project has been to make my personalized hanger to put my dress on before the wedding. It'll be a great addition to the pictures of my dress.

My initial inspiration came from a picture similar to this, and I became convinced I could replicate it:

I did some research to get more ideas and to get tips/tricks, then went to Michaels to get some wire and found a hanger identical to the one in the picture above. I started by writing out what I wanted it to say - it really helped with spacing/sizing - and my letters actually came out just as I had hoped!:

The only things to do are to drill a couple holes in the hanger, secure it with a strong glue and potentially put a bow on top... then VOILA!

On the same 'DIY' subject, I'm about 85% finished with the invitations. I have to make 10 more from scratch, and the rest of them are assembled except for the 3 inserts that'll go in the pocket (those are printed and just need to be cut out). My guess is that they'll be finished by Wednesday. ;)

We have a big day tomorrow of jet skiing at a lake, so it's time for bed. Goodnight!

- Lisa

1 comment: