Monday, September 26, 2011

Paper Straws

My inspiration
A while ago, I saw this picture online of striped paper straws at a wedding reception, and I fell in love. I could imagine them displayed at the reception bar, as props for pictures and a personalized detail that would make the wedding more 'us.' I couldn't wait to show Patrick!

My hopes were dashed b/c when I told him about that ADORABLE detail, he didn't have the same reaction... at all ;). He gave me a hard time b/c they're made out of paper, and I thought my comeback made sense: "So are milk cartons." The straws have been a topic that I bring up when I want to get him fired up, and I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm crazy for getting excited over it.

One evening, I found a great deal online for 144 straws, and I couldn't stop myself. I decided to go with the pink/white stripes because I thought most of the guys would probably have his reaction and stay away from them... but the girls would like them. It's not like they're made out of notebook paper; it's more like a mixture of cardboard and milk carton material, and even if they don't last forever and a straw needed to be thrown away, there would still be plenty of extras, and the girls could get a new one at the bar when needed for a replacement.

I took the monogram design from our invitations (and from the cake topper I like), printed out a few pages and used the leftover paper from the invitations to make flags. Check these out! I love Patrick and definitely appreciate his opinion, but I think HE is crazy for not seeing the charm in these straws ;).

Just imagine the two color combinations mixed together & sitting out in a couple glasses at the bar. The thought makes me very happy!

- Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment