Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tomorrow = Patio Day!

Before:

Since we're having the concrete patio put in tomorrow, I wanted to post a 'before' picture. When I left the house this morning, the dirt are did NOT look like it does in the picture, so technically it's a 'during' picture. They moved everything, leveled out the dirt and made the area ready for the concrete. They said they'll be matching the color of the firepit & the curbing, so hopefully the patio blends in well. There will be a small step down from the existing slab of concrete, and we're throwing around the idea of covering that area with tiles that match the tile in the kitchen. The new concrete is going to be lightly stamped and will show a texture that I think will be similar to the texture on the walls on the outside of the house. As compared to a flat patio, the texture should add a lot.

We got some larger pieces of lava rock for the fire pit. They make the fire really dance, and they create more heat from the firepit. I'm thinking that if we get 15 more pieces (to form a 2nd ring around the bigger pieces), it'll be perfect.

My day was made around 11am this morning. I got a  call from my high school's athletic director, and he let me know that Francis Howell North was creating an Athletic Hall of Fame. He went on to explain that they had a committee decide on the inaugural class, and I will be one of the eleven inductees.

That's amazing to me... Knowing that FHN is not a small school (it has about 2,400 students each year) and was founded in 1983, that's a whole bunch of other student athletes that had to have been considered. The induction ceremony is scheduled for January 18th, so I already have a trip to St. Louis on the calendar for 2013. Hopefully I can get through this Hall of Fame weekend without tearing an Achilles... You better believe I'll be passing on any alumni games if I'm invited to play ;).

Patrick gets back tonight. With his long week of training (and getting used to the 3-hour time difference), he's ready to get home. I'm excited to see him, and we're both excited to go to Vegas TOMORROW evening!

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment