Saturday, April 28, 2012

Dress Fitting #2 & New Hair Idea

I had my 2nd dress fitting today! The changes Janet said she'd make were made, and it's almost perfect! There are still a few things to change, so she's going to do those alterations, and I'll go back on May 19th - exactly one week before the wedding!

After the dress fitting, I headed to meet Amy, the hairstylist. Last night while talking to Patrick, I asked him again how he would prefer my hair, and his response was "either down or half-up-half-down" (but he did say I would look good no matter what). Since I was planning on having an updo, I decided to change my thinking and immediately called Mandy for details on her experience with hair extensions for her wedding.

I sent Amy an email asking for suggestions since I know practically nothing about extensions. I stopped at Sally Beauty Supply to ask for suggestions, and unfortunately, talking to that girl was like talking to a wall. I decided not to get anything right then.

Inspiration Hairstyle Picture
When I arrived at Amy's house, she said that she hadn't checked her email and said it would be a much better idea to wait until I have the extensions and I have my hair colored. She gave me some suggestions and we set up the trial for the same day as the dress fitting. She said that the extensions will help hold the curl; that was one of the reasons I didn't want to have my hair down. I felt better with that comment.

My inspiration picture for the style (not the color - I'll be MUCH blonder) is to the right, and I masked out the face so you can just focus on the hair. I'm thinking/hoping it'll turn out really well. Even though it wasn't my initial thought, I actually like this style better than any updo I've seen... Patrick's a pretty smart guy if I do say so myself, and I'm really glad he made the suggestion.

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment