Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Wedding Party is Complete

From the first time that Patrick met my family, my brother David (I call him Doodle) has played the 'protective brother' role. During the first weekend Patrick was around the family, I asked him if he liked Patrick, and he responded, "I won't approve until I meet him five times." As tough as he tried to be, the two of them hit it off, and they got along really well each time they were together. Knowing that they hadn't met five separate times when we got engaged, I texted Doodle and asked if he approved now. His response was, "Yeah, I guess... but does he realize he has to spend the rest of his life with you?!" Gotta love brothers. ;)

A few years ago - After Doodle's HS graduation
Going back to STL would be the fifth meeting, and the timing was perfect b/c Patrick was planning on asking Doodle to be a groomsman at some point during the weekend. On Friday, we made a stop to get a bottle of whiskey that the two guys could toast from when Patrick asked him.

On Saturday (after fishing), David got out a bag and said to me, "I could give this to you as a present, but it's kind of for him..." and trailed off. I just smiled as he gave Patrick a bottle of Jameson, an Irish whiskey. That was his peace offering and way of saying that he finally does approve of him. They went downstairs and talked a little while later, and our wedding party was officially complete! We're very lucky to have this amazing group of friends/family in our lives.

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment