Sunday, August 14, 2011

Working on the Registry

We started the process of getting our in-store registries set up! Patrick has already been having fun with an online registry that can pull items that are for sale from any website online, but we went to Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday to try out the scanner gun.

We thought we'd just walk in, pick up the scanner and get to work... but I guess we overlooked some details. It took a lot longer than we expected; when we walked in, there were already 3 other couples working on their registries, and we had to wait about 20 minutes to get a scanner gun & a salesperson to help with it. Once Dawn came around to help us, she had us fill out paperwork and got our registry set up on their system... then gave us a pretty in-depth tour of the store and the items they recommend.

By that time, we'd already been there an hour and the Browns' preseason football game had started. We scanned a few items to make sure it was working and said we'd go back to work on it again. It was a lot of fun though, and I let Patrick be in charge of the scanner (yes, I realize that could be dangerous lol). After BB&B, we headed out to grab some food and watch the game (Patrick was depressed b/c when we got to his Browns Backers bar, we found out they were having issues with their cable and couldn't show the game. We got Cincinnati Chili to make him feel a little better :) ).

Going through the section of the store that has all the comforters, sheets, decorations, etc, we realized that we don't know what we're looking for as far as the bedroom. As he and I have talked about (multiple times), we respect each others' choices on the colors of our current bedrooms, but neither the bright pink on my accent wall nor the orange on his fits both of us. Today, we're hopefully going to go around and get some paint, carpet & color ideas for what we'd eventually like the bedroom to look like. Just the thought of getting to decorate a new room makes me happy!

Yesterday, I also sat down to finish my pink glitter reception shoes... buuuuut I hit a major roadblock. As I peeled the blue tape that was protecting the inside and the soles of the shoes from the glitter, I realized that it was also peeling the pink glitter off the shoe. To test it out, I barely pulled the pink glitter coating, and it peeled off easily to reveal a completely unharmed pair of gold/copper flats below. As I kept pulling, all of the glitter easily peeled off. Ohhh nooo!

This definitely calls for a 'TAKE TWO' on the shoes. I'm not sure what I need to do on them: scuff up the surface so the glue can hold onto something, try a different type of glue, just wait and keep my eye out for fuschia glitter flats or figure out a completely new idea for my reception shoes. Fortunately, we're still over 9 months away from the wedding, and I have plenty of time to figure that out. I'm actually ok with this b/c even though I loved the look of the pink glitter (especially in the pictures), I wasn't completely sold on how the texture of the glue/glitter looked - I would have liked it smoother. If anyone has any great ideas, please let me know! In the meantime, now I have an excuse to go shopping at Joann's or Michael's Craft stores. I guess I can handle that... ;)

-Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Sorry the pink shoes didn't work on the first attempt but I'm sure you'll come up with an alternative. I checked out the registry looks like you got a good start - nice stuff.

    ReplyDelete