Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Suits Have Been Ordered

We got the suits figured out tonight! I really like them and think they're going to look very good, but I have to admit I'm disappointed in one thing: this suit doesn't come with a vest. We had picked out a black suit with a vest originally, and when we went to check out another Men's Wearhouse, we found this similar, charcoal suit by the same designer... Apparently, we didn't realize it was vest-less.

My sneaky way of incorporating pink into the guys' outfits was by those vests: the lining of the inside of the suits and the back part of the vests is a pink silky material with a turquoise logo print. With no longer having the vests, the guys won't be showing any pink when they take off their suit jackets. ::sigh:: Patrick DID promise me though to have a couple pictures taken with the guys showing off the inside lining of the suit jackets, though; that made me smile!

Growing up, the vision I always had of "a wedding" was to have the guys in black tuxes, and it's a little strange for me that we'll be having charcoal-colored suits. Don't get me wrong; I think the dark gray will look great on the guys, and it makes it more spring-y AND gets the look away from a stereotypical penguin suit lol. It's just making the wedding 'us' instead of what's 'expected;' that part is fantastic.

This suit is made from a nicer fabric and is higher quality than the original black tone-on-tone suit with the vest, and like I mentioned before, Patrick really didn't want to go with a black suit... Even though this doesn't have distinct stripes he originally wanted, I think we're both happy!

We still like the idea of getting shirts and ties that match the bridesmaid dresses, and we'll probably just skip the idea of having vests altogether... At this point, our thought for all the guys is:
  • Groomsmen: Blue shirt, Blue tie
  • Patrick: Blue shirt, White tie
  • Dads: White shirt, Blue tie

Closeup of the fabric (it looks lighter b/c of the flash)
Patrick's going to get the details sent out to each of the groomsmen and dads; that'll be coming soon.

Despite my (small) disappointment in the lack of the vest, Patrick looked REALLY sharp in the suit when he tried it on. It was kind of a strange feeling seeing him try it on with a white dress shirt, and it's crazy to think he'll be wearing that in a little over 7 months - for OUR WEDDING!

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment