Monday, October 10, 2011

Suits - Trying Again

Patrick loves stripes
Yesterday evening, Patrick and I went to Men's Wearhouse to take another look at potential suits for the wedding. His ideal suit for the wedding would be black with white pinstripes (or white with black pinstripes!), and my ideal look would be as close as possible to a tux: solid black. His opinion is the most important in this b/c he's the one who'll be wearing the suit after the wedding. Even though I want the look to be classy (and definitely want to have a say), I want to make sure he's happy with the decision - as long as there are no 'gangster stripe' suits. ;)

Very similar to the suit we like
We found a suit that is a combination of both of our preferences: it's a dark charcoal (it's a lot closer to black than gray) and has subtle stripe in the material. It comes with a matching vest, and it should be a really good deal. Men's Wearhouse has Buy One Get One Free sales, and with that sale PLUS an additional discount the manager offered, buying the suit should be less expensive than renting a tux! Sure, there will be additional costs for tailoring and it doesn't come with a shirt/shoes, but the guys will get to keep the suit after the wedding!

We were throwing around ideas on the way back from Men's Wearhouse, and Patrick had a great idea: instead of going with the traditional white shirts, he suggested having the guys wear shirts & ties that match the bridesmaids' dresses. It took a minute for the idea to register, and then I realized I love the idea.

Malibu shirt & tie
I tried to find a picture that shows the vision we have in our heads, and the only ones I could find are of kids' suits! The picture to the left shows a general idea of what a dark suit would look like with a dark vest and teal/turquoise (David's Bridal's "Malibu" color) shirt and tie. We think that it's a great way to add a little fun mixed with a twist on the traditional black suit & white shirt. I went to a couple department stores tonight, and I have a feeling it's going to be tougher than I thought to find a shirt that exactly matches the color. No worries... If I MUST, I'll continue shopping - with my fabric swatch in hand!

Black vest or white vest?
Patrick's shirt and tie color still hasn't been decided, but I think both would look good in white. He could also get a white vest, but the black could look good, too. Hmm...

The manager from Men's Wearhouse is going to call Patrick tomorrow to get the suits set up and ordered! We'll figure the shirts and ties out later, but I think this is huge! Besides for the officiant and a musician for the ceremony, the guys' attire is one of the last big things we have to figure out. With over 200 days left, we're doing still doing really well with the planning progress. I love it.

- Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment