Thursday, December 29, 2011

Alterations Planning

My dress is scheduled to arrive in the next couple weeks, so I decided it was time to figure out the seamstress to do my alterations. I was disappointed by the reviews of the seamstress that's a part of the shop where I bought my dress, so I ruled her out quickly.

I did some further research online tonight... I had planned on using the same lady that did Mandy's alterations - b/c she did an incredible job - but apparently the shop is closed! I tried calling, and the # is not in service. Then, I read that yelp.com says that they closed their doors in June. Neeeeext!

The Knot has local message boards, and I read many reviews of people/companies that do alterations around the valley. One name kept popping up (b/c of her good reputation on quality of work and price), so I sent her an email to get the ball rolling. I'm hoping to have my first fitting when both moms are here in a month, so fingers are crossed that the date works. If not, they should be able to see the dress anyway!

It's crazy to think that I tried on the dress about 6 months ago, and we're so close to it being here.

I've received word that the main details for the bachelor/bachelorette trip to Vegas are coming together... and when I say that, I mean the date and the hotel. I've been kept out of the main conversation about details, but from what I heard yesterday, I'm now getting REALLY excited.

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment