Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ceremony Shoes Are Finished

After this weekend, I've learned that the firepit is fantastic for sitting to relax and brainstorm ideas. Patrick and I sat out there for a few hours on Saturday and brainstormed/decided on ideas/details for the wedding. Even though there's a lot less glitter than I would prefer, I'm so thankful that he's wanted to be - and stayed - active in the planning. I knock on wood as I type this, but it's still been a really fun and easy process so far.

Reunion in t-minus 3 days...
He's out of town most of this week for work training and gets back on Thursday night. On Friday, Mr. Sweeney gets in town for the weekend. I'll be picking him up from the airport and bringing him to the kickball field where Patrick will probably be finishing the first (of 2) games... IF the rain calms down and goes away. We have a prime rib party to go to on Saturday, and most of the day Sunday will consist of tailgating and attending the Browns/Cardinals game. I've heard he's excited (and Patrick is, too) to try out a couple BBQ places.

Once Mr. Sweeney leaves town, we have a couple meetings early in the week. We have a meeting on Monday at Aldea to figure out the decorations and flowers. Then, we'll be meeting with the leader of a strings group on Wednesday to talk to her about providing live music for the ceremony. Those are two of the main things that we need to finalize. The main others are the officiant (wheels have been put in motion) and the cake/cupcakes (we've met with one baker and I'm working on setting up a tasting with the 2nd).

No more gap in the crystals!
Tonight, I finished my shoes! There was an area on each of the straps not covered in crystals b/c I had run out, and although the crystals had been waiting patiently in my purse, they'd gone untouched for a few months. Now, the shoes can be packed back in their box ready for the ceremony. I'll probably try again (tomorrow?) on the reception shoes - this time with the glue I used for the crystals; this one better not peel off!

- Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment