Saturday, December 10, 2011

Satin Flower Hair Accessory

I mentioned in the last entry that I was going to play around with ideas for a flower to put in my hair. While Patrick was at the kickball field tonight (in the cold weather), I was warm and relaxing at home. I watched Beauty and the Beast and did my best to make a pretty flower out of white satin material & some feathers.

I've gone through a lot of pictures online to find my favorites, and this one was the leader - thus my project for the night:


Hobby Lobby had some teal-colored feathers that I liked more than the regular type of feathers and a wire/metal hair comb for the backside. This was attempt #2 (I made each petal individually from small circles of the satin - as compared to starting with one big circle and trying to separate the petals):


Not too shabby, if I say so myself! I really like it but am not completely sure that I'll wind up wearing it the day of the wedding (it'll depend on my hairstyle and if I find/make another option), but it's ready to go just in case. Any ideas for the next project I should work on??

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment