Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Decorations Meeting is Complete

We had our decorations meeting last night and got a LOT of the little details figured out. The lady we met with was Trish from Petals & Lucy, the florist who works very closely with Aldea. Even in the first few minutes that we met her, we could tell that she loves her job. She is so enthusiastic when it comes to flowers and decorations, and her energy level skyrockets as the brainstorming gets going. She gained huge points with me for saying she really liked my inspiration board.

The meeting consisted of going over everything from tablecloths to flowers and centerpieces to chair ties. Amazingly enough, Patrick even ok'ed the idea of including pink in multiple areas (!)... and he didn't faint while doing so.

Want a teaser of what some of the tables will look like? Ok, you twisted my arm:


One of the best parts: although overwhelmed, he was even smiling at the end of the meeting. Well, at least he was trying... ;) He's a great sport, and it proves again how lucky I am to have him.


After the meeting, we had a great dinner at Babbo's (our caterer). They were serving their weekly special of spaghetti and meatballs, and we also had the "Sweeney" salad. True, they haven't officially renamed it after our changes to their Mista salad, but we're still crossing our fingers that it'll happen if we order it enough!

Patrick is out of town tonight for work, but he'll be back tomorrow. After he gets back, we meet with a potential musician for the ceremony at 5. She offers a number of combinations when it comes to string instruments, and I'm looking forward to hearing what she has to say.

With the weather cooling down + the 20 pounds I've lost (which is still crazy to think about), my ring has gotten a bit too big. Instead of staying in place, it's started to twist so the diamond isn't at the top. I dropped it off to be resized tonight, and it's soooo weird to have nothing on my finger. I have a ring I'll wear temporarily at my house, but since I'm staying at Patrick's house with the dogs tonight, I've caught myself being startled and wondering where the ring is at least 10 times so far.

We're almost to the 5-month mark (6 days away) and to the 150-day mark (8 days away), and even in the last week, multiple people have told me how quickly the time will fly after the new year comes. It's already flying, and I do know it'll be here before I know it. I'm really excited for the next 5 months, and especially what comes after.

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment