Thursday, November 24, 2011

Check Out the Shirts & Ties

Please forgive the bad lighting of the pic!
The original plan for the groomsmen was to have the teal/blue shirts with matching ties, but I think we've actually decided on striped ties! We ordered a solid turquoise tie and then a striped tie with turquoise and a silver color (online) to see what they look like, and you can check it out for yourself in the picture.

Banks came over tonight, and both he and Patrick liked this look more than the solid ties. They brought up a good point that the silver will help compliment the charcoal suits, and the more I looked & thought about it, the more I like it, too. Even though I kept suggesting fuchsia in the ties somehow, they repeated shot me down. Dang ;). At least I'll be able to tie in the pink in the flower on their boutonnieres!

For Patrick's tie, I think it'd be great if we could find a tone-on-tone, white, striped tie with stripes similar in size to this tie, but who knows what we'll find.

I'm pumped b/c it's only Wednesday, and I'm off work until Monday... and there are a lot of things to celebrate. Tomorrow (Thursday) is Thanksgiving, and we're going to Kate/Ryan's house for dinner. Friday is Patrick's 31st birthday, and we're headed to Pinetop for the weekend. We found a cute cabin that was available (it was very hard to find one available for the holiday weekend), and we're even able to bring the dogs with us. THEN, Saturday is six months until our wedding (!!).

I've said that the six month point is the time where I get really serious about getting in shape, losing weight and toning up, so (knowing that was coming up this weekend) I've had some of my favorite foods - including Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and McDonalds fries - for the first (and last) time in months.

The training for our half-marathon has actually been going well. We have one long run each week, and we finished 6 miles on Saturday. That was the longest run that I've ever done at one time (without having the running happening through a sport). I noticed - and Patrick pointed out afterward - that my breathing stayed steady almost the whole time, and I was able to jog the first 3 miles, walk a little bit and then jog the 2nd three miles. The second half was about 2 minutes quicker than the first half, so that's a really good sign! I'm still not to the point that I think running is fun, but I have to admit it's feeling a little easier.

Our team: Chuck Norris and the Roundhouse Kickers
We won our 3rd kickball championship in a row with our Tuesday night team last night! Patrick did a great job pitching, and I had to step outside of my comfort zone as the shortshop... I played catcher and did my best to field the bunts. It's a tough spot when the other teams are bunting almost every time, but we won and I learned a lot about the position. Good times.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
- Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment