Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pinetop & Placecards

This weekend, we had a great getaway for Patrick's birthday. We drove a few hours to Pinetop, a little town about 3 hours northeast of Phoenix. The weather was much cooler than what we're used to (37-50ish degrees), and we were able to just relax most of the time there. The exception of the relaxation was us going for a 3-mile jog; I forgot how much harder it is to run in the cold, and the fact that we were at a much higher elevation didn't help either!

It really was nice to get a change of scenery where we didn't have to think about anything but just being with each other & the dogs. Crazy to think about, but coming back from Pinetop, Patrick is now 31, and we're under 6 months until the wedding!

While Patrick was driving on the way home, I was playing around with my idea for the placecards... You can see the names I've made so far to the right. I still don't know what the next step for them will be, but turning the ends of the wire to make the names stand up on their own is my leading idea.

I've also thought about making a frame out of cardstock, hanging them on a shepherd's hook made of wire, making them stand up on a base of some type (wood/clay/foam/foamboard)... I have no idea, but for now I'll just keep making names and playing around with ideas! I love the thought that some people might take it home as something they'd want to keep.

Thanksgiving made me realize how much is going RIGHT in my life, and I hope everyone is able to step back and think of the good things in your life, too.

-Lisa

2 comments:

  1. OMG- I love the place cards!!!! and love that Sean and I are listed in the pic. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and happy belated birthday Pat!!!

    ReplyDelete