Saturday, January 14, 2012

Feeling Good About Hair & Makeup

I've made some great progress with the hair and makeup plan.

MAKEUP:
I'm lucky to have three female cousins within a couple years of me... Lindsey, Jenni and Katie. Lindsey is in our wedding party, and her sister is Katie. When Jenni got married, Katie did the makeup for Jen's mom, Jen and me (since I was in her wedding party) - and Katie did an amazing job. I just remember how many compliments I got for it, and I loved how Jen & my Aunt Kathy looked, too.

Katie said that she would be happy to do my makeup, and we're going to play around with some ideas when Patrick & I go back to St. Louis. 

HAIR:
I asked for some recommendations on Facebook, and I also looked through a bunch of reviews online. In that search, I found a highly-recommended stylist named Amy who will come to the site of the wedding, said she'd be able to do the entire wedding party's hair if they choose (I'm not sure if that means she'd be bringing additional stylist(s)?) and has reasonable rates. She'll be coming to do a trial appointment when my mom is in town (next Tuesday). She wanted a deposit to secure the date & book her, but since I wasn't comfortable doing that before seeing the trial, she said that if I liked the style, the deposit would be due at that time and the date would be set.

I feel good about both options, but I'm definitely looking forward to the trials to test out the ideas I have  - and to see if they have any better ideas. We'll see!

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment