Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hair Trial Complete

I felt really good going into tonight's hair trial b/c I knew what I wanted! I had found some pictures of a style I really liked, Mandy & my mom were on hand to help give their opinions and I was ready to go. Well... I THOUGHT I knew what I wanted.

Amy, the stylist, showed up to Patrick's house at 7, and she got to work trying to recreate the pictures. When she asked me to go into the bathroom to take a look, my heart dropped. The front looked pretty good, but the side & back were definitely not what I liked. Mandy and I tried to figure out how to suggest changes, and Amy kept trying.

When she made the changes we asked for, I went back into the bathroom and got so confused/overwhelmed that my eyes teared up. I wasn't happy at all with how the style looked but I couldn't figure out what would make it better or how I wanted it to look.

Mandy definitely deserves a "Super Bridesmaid" trophy. She helped calm me down, found some pictures online and helped explain to Amy what direction we wanted to go. FINALLY, after taking a look at the newest changes, I started to feel better. The style became what I had apparently been hoping for in the first place, and we definitely have the general idea for my wedding hair style. We tested out the flower (for my hair) I had made and the veil my mom brought from STL. The total look was great, and I think it will look amazing on May 26th.

The appointment wasn't flawless, but I guess that's what the trial is for!

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment