Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Favorite Movie - in 3D!

A couple weeks ago, we decided that we would have a set date night once a month. Last night, we had the first of those nights! I got to choose the night's activities, and it was an easy decision since I'd had this weekend marked in my calendar for months: Beauty and the Beast 3D was released in theaters!

That movie has always been one of my favorites. It's based in France, and when I was studying in the south of France, I felt like I was Belle. I'd open the shutters & windows of my bedroom every morning, and the markets would be going on below. On one of the last nights in France, one of my friends and I sat on my balcony and (with printed lyrics) sang the first song from the movie that starts, "Bonjour, bonjour, bonjour, bonjour, bonjour. There goes the baker with his tray like always..." When I decided I was ready to get a dog, I named the little chihuahua "Belle" after this movie. 

Unbeknownst to me, my fantastic fiance left the house as I was getting ready, and I was totally thrown off when he surprised me by ringing the doorbell & standing on the doorstep with a bouquet of flowers. We went to dinner at the Cornish Pasty (the same restaurant - but different location) as our first date. After dinner, we headed to the theater. I LOVED the movie. As many times as I've seen Beauty and the Beast, seeing it in 3D really brought out the details in the background, and I noticed a number of things I'd never seen before.

Our very attractive 3D glasses ;)
Beauty and the Beast is definitely still one of my favorite movies, and I'm excited to include one of the songs in the ceremony (if you don't know the details yet, you'll have to wait & see/hear). As much fun as I'm having with all the wedding planning, it was a really nice change to just have a night to go out together and have fun. Since he gets to choose next month, he's already hinted that he wants to see the Star Wars movie in 3D... It definitely wouldn't be my choice, but he was a great sport about this movie; I can be just as good of a sport!

Update from the pumpkin flavor from baker option #2:   The cake didn't have a strong pumpkin flavor but did taste good. However, it still amazes me how much she's lacking in customer service skills. I called the bakery when I was 15 minutes away to make sure the samples were ready; they said yes & to come on in. When I got there, the owner was doing a cake tasting with a bride/groom/mom in the main room (the same room that I was standing in). I timed it, and it took her THREE minutes to even acknowledge that I was there. At that point, she asked me, "So are you my next appointment, or what?" I waited around another five minutes while she put icing on the cupcakes, and I brought the cupcakes back to Patrick from there. Both the cream cheese icing and the whipped cream frosting were good combinations, but the final decision hasn't been made.

---

On a great note, I'm really looking forward to the next couple weeks. My dress is supposed to be delivered to the dress shop no later than this Friday. My mom arrives in Phoenix on Saturday morning. She'll get to see my hair trial on Tuesday, and my dad arrives on Wednesday afternoon. Patrick/Mom/Dad/I will get to stop by the Open House at Aldea on Wednesday (we're trying a couple other cake flavors from the first baker), and then Patrick's parents arrive at 7:30pm that night. We'll probably watch Patrick play kickball on Friday night. Saturday is the dress fitting with the moms and a celebration for all the recent birthdays that evening. I can't wait!

-Lisa

1 comment: