Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Wedding Dress Update

I was looking at some online wedding timeline/checklists, and we're still way ahead of schedule. That makes me VERY happy!

The alterations lady (her name is Janet) emailed me back yesterday, and we now have an appointment set up for Saturday the 28th - so the moms and I can see the dress! Janet said that with 4 months left, we could definitely meet to start talking about the alterations, but we'd probably hold off on any size changes until closer to the wedding.

A little bit of anxiety hit me yesterday when I called the bridal shop to verify the day my dress will be in... They said that the Maggie Sottero dresses were running a few weeks behind, but "it shouldn't be a problem to get the dress by the end of January." When she said, "It shouldn't be a problem," I kind of got chills. The overbearing planner part of me doesn't like to just trust that something will happen, but I was also trying hard to be the opposite of Bridezilla. Still, one thought popped into my head: "I need a better answer than THAT!"

I asked them to call the company to verify a date, and when I checked in today, they said the dress WILL be delivered to the store no later than January 20th. That leaves 8 days before the moms get to see the dress AND we have the first alterations/fitting appointment. I like having the additional flexibility of a few days just in case.

Phew. Much better!

I also realized that while listing the things to look forward to in 2012, I completely forgot to mention the half-marathon. Maybe it was an omission that I made subconsciously... ;) but we actually ran 8 miles yesterday. Don't get me wrong, though; when I say, "run," I mean a mixture of jogging and walking, but we were moving in the right direction throughout! It still scares me to think that we'll be doing 13.1 miles in less than 2 months, but it's seeming more feasible than it seemed when we first talked about it. The running has been really good for me, and I really think it's the main reason I've been able to lose the 20+ pounds since we got engaged. Being sick the last week and a half hasn't helped, but my Achilles and knees have been holding up well. Crossing my fingers the sickness(es) go away and the healthy knees/Achilles continue.

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment