Sunday, February 19, 2012

Back From Cleveland

I'm exhausted after the trip, but the weekend in Cleveland was so much fun.

We started it off on a lucky note... Our flight included an hour-long layover in Vegas, and we decided to gamble with $5 at the airport. If we doubled the $, we'd cash out; if we got to zero, we wouldn't keep trying. My favorite game is the Wheel of Fortune slot machine, so we sat down at one and put in the $5. On the 3rd spin, we landed on SPIN and got to spin the Wheel of Fortune wheel. It landed on 200 - which I had to explain to Patrick meant 200 credits - aka $50! YESSSS. We cashed out immediately and are now even more excited about getting back to Vegas in 2 months. What can I say: we're pretty hardcore gamblers. ;)

We got into Ohio around 3:30 and after relaxing a while, had an amazing steak dinner with his parents, sister (Kate) and Uncle Pat at the Sweeney's house. After dinner, we met up with Sean, Shannon and some of their friends at one of Patrick's favorite local breweries. Even though I've only met Sean & Shannon a few times, they're so much fun that I feel like I've known them much longer.

The new addition to Kate & Mike's house
Since we were out late, we slept in and needed to get ready for the shower as soon as we woke up! Nell and Kate (& Maggie from a distance) hosted the shower at Kate's house, and the house looked great. Mike & Kate had added a new family room onto their house a little less than a year ago, and it was the perfect spot for getting everyone together.

The whole shower was full of special touches. The cupcakes were made in our wedding colors (and tasted delicious), they had a personalized plate for everyone to sign and my Aunt D even made a surprise appearance from Detroit.

I felt really comfortable because I had previously met almost everyone at the party; the only two who were "new" to me were Patrick's Aunt Chris and Nell's friend Sue. His Aunt Chris said it, but I agree: I felt like I've known them for a long time, and that this wasn't our first meeting. Not that it was a new thing with the Sweeney family, but I felt completely welcomed with open arms.

After the party, we met Maggie and Colin for dinner (about halfway to Detroit), because Maggie had a few events that she needed to work on Friday & Saturday. I'm so glad we were able to make that work and see them.

I think that I told everyone, but thanks to everyone in Cleveland (and Detroit) for an amazing first shower and overall weekend.

- Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment