Friday, February 24, 2012

The Race is in the Morning

When I picked up our registration packets, I couldn't help but get nervous butterflies. I admit I felt a little bit resentful/jealous of the two girls with bouncing ponytails who were walking in to check-in at the same time I was. They seemed so excited about the race, and all I could feel was nerves.

My dad has always told me to visualize the result I wanted to achieve; when I did it, I'd be able to know how to handle a situation when it happened. Driving home, I couldn't help but visualize crossing the finish line and the pride I would feel at that moment. I teared up with emotion and was overwhelmed just thinking about it. Part of that reason is because I've wanted to do the race in Mike's memory, and that got me. With my reaction when I was just visualizing it, I'm not sure how I'll actually react.

Cross your fingers for us, and I'll be posting an update after the race. Time to get a few hours sleep before Patrick gets home... Well, at least I hope I can sleep!

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment