Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Full 360

My bib number was 360, and I think it was completely appropriate. A year ago, I was doing my best to just be able to jog. Period. It was a huge step when I slowly jogged one lap around my neighborhood, and Patrick has been amazing in helping me get back to 100% since then. At no point in my life before that (or during the recovery) did I think I would EVER finish a half-marathon. Today's finish in about 2 hours and 49 minutes proved that I could do it! The 360 represents the amount of work I've put in to get back to - and PAST 100%.

I'm so proud of the medal saying we finished the race. It wasn't easy, and there were multiple times during the race that I questioned if I could get to 13.1 miles (including thinking both of my calves were going to cramp up with a mile left), but we did it!!

I didn't feel so hot afterwards. Patrick wanted to get a big burger afterwards, so we went to Red Robin. My nauseous feeling went away after eating some fries dipped in baja ranch, but I wasn't able to even get close to finishing my burger (I think I took 3 bites). My body was so confused about why I made it go 13.2 miles and then I was trying to put food I wasn't used to eating. Maybe I'll be able to eat it later. My big toes are good, but I'm pretty sure every other toe has a blister on it. 8 miles had been my longest run previously, so I guess that's to be expected!

The starting line

Tired - but proud - finishers

One of our very cool medals

Now, I'm off to a much-awaited nap followed by some celebratory drinks and relaxing in our new hammock (that Patrick is going to put together later) and sitting by the firepit!

- Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment