Thursday, February 23, 2012

We Chose Our Baker

That's right, the final major item has been checked off the list!


After a long process of weighing the options and going back & forth, we decided to go with Tiffany's Cakes & More, the original baker we met with. She's been FANTASTIC about communication, customer service and just trying to make us happy in general. That means so much to me, and as compared to the second baker option (who took more than a WEEK to respond when I asked her for a quote - and then didn't even include the quote in her response), it's very obvious that she cares about her customers and will do whatever is needed to make them happy.

She sent a picture of the cupcake stand she constructed and used for the last wedding. The teal color is similar to our color, and I think it will look even better in our colors.

One of the things I really like about Tiffany is that instead of saving the top layer of the cake for the first anniversary, she'll remake the cake for us at the one-year mark. I like the general idea of that tradition, but I wonder how stale the cake would taste after a year! This way, we get to look forward to having a kind of flashback to our wedding on our anniversary.

On another exciting note, my cousin (and Matron of Honor) Lindsey announced today that she and Luke will be expecting their 3rd little one in October. Logan and Gavin are adorable, and Lindsey/Luke are great parents. I'm so happy for them!

- Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment