Sunday, June 12, 2011

Engagement Photo Shoot - Done!

Patrick and I are acting as housesitters for the summer for a couple of people I got to know them really well through my job with the Mercury. They actually own their own pharmaceutical company, and their house (which is in North Scottsdale) is absolutely incredible. Since their landscaping is done so well, there's a golf course [literally] across the street from the house & the fact that there are tons of great photo ops, we thought it'd be a great idea to take some engagement pictures there.

We asked our friend Daniel Banks ("Banks") to take pictures; he has a really nice camera, and even though he's not a professional photographer, he takes great pictures. When asking him, we explained that we don't have unrealistic expectations: we're only hoping for one or two good pictures that we could use for our Save the Date's. If none of the pictures turned out, no big deal!

Yesterday was our photo shoot. We took pictures in front of the house, on the rocks next to the pool, around the side/back yard, on the golf course and with the mountains/cacti in the background. We tried to really do it up & even had a few outfit changes! Because none of us claim to know how to pose, I had gone through a bunch of engagement pictures online to find some poses/pictures to imitate. That made things so much easier.

I haven't seen the pictures on the computer - and Banks said he wanted to photoshop some of them to touch them up before letting me look - but from looking at the pictures on the screen of his camera, there are plenty of good ones to choose from! I had a great time, but I have to say that even though he got stuck by a cactus THREE separate times ;) , Banks probably had more fun than either of us. He was totally into it and loved changing the settings/lighting/angles/etc.

Banks is one of the most genuine and loyal people I've ever met, and it's now official that he's going to be one of our groomsmen. Patrick asked Banks and Mal (Chris Mallory) to be groomsmen last night. They've been two of my closest guy friends for years, and they clicked with Patrick as soon as they met. When Patrick took Banks and Mal aside to ask them, I asked Mal's wife, Mandy, to be one of my bridesmaids. As a couple, Mandy and Mal have been so supportive through our relationship and have always been there for us when needed. Patrick even had them go with him to help him pick out the diamond for my ring (Mal has a hilarious impression of Patrick stressing out about choosing the right one).

Mandy / Me:                                   Banks / Patrick / Mal:




It was exciting being able to start asking the most important people in our lives to stand by our sides, and it makes all of this feel a little more real.

As soon as we get the link to the pictures from Banks, I'll post some of my favorites. I can't wait to see them!!

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment