Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Photographers: 2 Down... 1 to Go

Like the entry's title says: two photographers down, one to go. Since I put the websites on here, I'm not going to go into detail of the names until it's the photographer we choose (I'm sure they're all great; just not for us!). One of them, We had an appointment to meet with "Photographer #1" before the open house. #1 was fantastic: outgoing, positive, really nice work and they really seemed to love their job. We were very impressed with #1's albums and they did a great job answering questions while knowing what they were talking about.

From a distance, we watched "Photographer #2"s interaction with other people and that was about enough. Just the vibe we got from #2 was creepy. From looking at the websites online, #2 had been my last pick out of the 3. Patrick looked at me and asked, "Do we really have to go to over there?" My response: "Absolutely not," and we checked #2 off the list.

We got to meet one of the florists and one of the bakers. The dj company had a table set up with fliers and business cards, but he wasn't there in person. 

My fiance (yes, I'm still getting used to saying that!) LOVES food, so his favorite part of the Open House was that it was catered... at no cost to us. We found out that we're able to set up complimentary food tastings with each of the catering company options - and they said to make sure to show up with an empty stomach b/c we'd be leaving FULL. You should have seen Patrick's eyes light up when he heard that! That'll be a fun step, and we can even bring a couple people along to taste food with us!

 My mom booked a flight to come visit the last week of this month, and we're going to go dress shopping!! I have to admit that I've probably seen every episode of 'Say Yes to the Dress' at least once, so I have definite ideas of what I'm looking for. I'm trying to keep an open mind though b/c I realize that my ideal dress might not look as good as I hope on me. Only one way to find out though..!

Alright, time to get to sleep. Sweet dreams,
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear your #1 is and who is "creepy" my thought is go with your gut if they struck you as "creepy" you don't want them as part of your day. Mike and I looked at the 3 websites and on a 1st pass one of them felt as though they captured emotion more than the others. Can't wait to hear which one you choose I know you will find the best one for you.

    Had to laugh at your comments on Patrick and the tastings, I can just picture his eyes lighting up at the thought of having the opportunity to "taste" all their offerings and for FREE! Have fun!

    Lastly and certainly not least! So excited to hear your Mom is coming out to shop for The Dress with you. Whatever you choose will be beautiful because you are a beautiful person with impeccable taste. Can't wait to see you in The Dress of your dreams!

    ReplyDelete