Tuesday, June 21, 2011

We've been engaged one month!

Today is one month from the day Patrick proposed, and that month went QUICK. If this first month flew by, I can only imagine what the other 11 will do!

We're getting close to making some big decisions...! We liked the work and quality of Kiss the Camera photography combined with the personality of Christine (the photographer), and we think she'll be a great fit with the personalities of our wedding party & guests. I emailed her letting her know that, but she's out of town on vacation for a couple weeks and had told us that she wouldn't be checking her email as regularly as normal. I'm hoping we get this finalized soon!

I had two bridal shop appointments set for Saturday, but I decided to change one of them... The first shop I found at the bridal show apparently doesn't carry Maggie Sottero dresses; I love a couple of her designs & have my heart set on at least trying them on, so that shop wasn't going to work. I found a place called Almond Tree boutique, a consignment bridal WAREHOUSE. They carry a long list of designers, and apparently 95% of their dresses are brand new. That really caught my attention, and after checking out the reviews on multiple websites, I gotta check this place out! If we don't find anything at that 9am appointment, I have another appointment set at noon at David's Bridal. I'm not completely sold on any of the David's Bridal dresses I've seen online, but it's probably worth a look. If we find the perfect dress at Almond Tree, we'll just check out the bridesmaid dresses at noon! I'm really looking forward to our girls' day... Well, it'll actually be a girls' weekend b/c Patrick's going to Cleveland this weekend to see family/friends. He joked around about being glad he's avoiding a weekend full of "wedding, girly stuff," but I'm pretty sure there was at least a little bit of truth to the statement lol. I'm glad he found a weekend to go, and he's really excited.

Next Thursday (the 30th), we have a couple of appointments already lined up. The first is a dinner food tasting with one of the catering companies. They told us to show up with an empty stomach and promised we'd leave full. B/c of that, I think Patrick is already counting the days ;). After we're finished with the food, we have an orientation meeting with Evelyn, the owner of Aldea (our wedding venue). That should answer any questions we have and go into more detail about the planning process. I really appreciate the fact that Aldea is being proactive in getting our wedding details going!

That's about it for now; I'll update this after trying on some wedding dresses!

-Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Have fun shopping for THE DRESS!!! You will know it when you find it. Trust your gut! You will look beautiful in whatever you choose.

    ReplyDelete