Monday, June 27, 2011

My New Project: Invitations

On Sunday, my mom and I went to a wedding superstore, and I stopped dead in my tracks at the sight of a gigantic bookshelf of thick books/binders filled with invitations. I just shook my head and just said NO. I didn't even know where to start, I thought the prices on a lot of those are ridiculous and I was really overwhelmed just thinking about it.

Soooo... At this point, my thought is to make the invitations. :)

When I mentioned that to Patrick, he: 1) Looked at me like I was crazy; 2) Asked if I realized how long that would probably take; and 3) Admitted that the idea scares him a little bit b/c he wants to make sure they look professional. He backed off that 3rd comment b/c he knows I'm really crafty and just asked if he could see examples before I start making them all. That had been my plan, so we're on the same page!

While watching TV with my mom tonight, I spent a few hours looking at invitation samples online (both DIY and professionally-made), figuring out templates to use and testing out ideas with my stock of scrapbook paper & cardstock. I came up with some awesome examples. I made some flat, two-layered invitations and multiple different types of pocket invitations. I'm excited to show Patrick to get his feedback.

We'll see what happens!

-Lisa

2 comments:

  1. We hand made ours... for the most part... one of the favorite things to our day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! You're so great with that kind of stuff I can only imagine that they will come out spectacular! I'm having so much fun watching (reading) your wedding plans come together!

    ReplyDelete