Thursday, June 23, 2011

Things Do Work Out

I'll be the first person to admit that I was not initially a fan of Iris Creative Photography. When we talked to Amy (the photographer) the first time, she showed us her albums, and there were multiple photos that looked like they were a little blurry, and I couldn't figure out why she would show those pictures. One of the albums just didn't seem like it portrayed the pictures as sharply as I liked; I even told Patrick that I would not be happy if we got the albums with pictures like that.

Yesterday, when we realized we needed to figure out another photography option, I took Patrick's suggestion and emailed Amy asking if we could set up another meeting to ask some follow-up questions and see the albums again. She immediately responded, and we set an 11am meeting time for this morning. Patrick was sold on her, so he was comfortable with the idea of letting me handle the meeting.

I asked the questions I wanted more detail on, and I looked through the albums - specifically pointing out pictures that worried me. I asked for details on those specific photos, and it turns out that the brides/grooms specifically asked for a certain type of filter to be put on the camera for those pictures. She assured me that she didn't have to take any "whimsical-looking" photos & that ours could have sharp lines/images. The albums she has are either magazine style (with paper pages) or a thicker version with cardboard-like pages. The largest magazine-style album wasn't my taste, but the thicker albums are a much higher quality, and I would be completely happy with those.

I admit I was wrong on my first take on her. Amy and I were together an hour, and I'm now a big fan. At the end of our meeting, I told her that we'd be honored if she was our photographer; I feel really good about it, and I think she'll do an incredible job. Patrick loves the fact that she's from the Cleveland area, and they have that Ohio connection. He is also thrilled that she agreed to come take pictures at the rehearsal dinner in the place of an engagement session since we already have some amazing engagement photos (an engagement session is included with our wedding packet). The first photographer just kept telling us that walking around a rehearsal dinner taking pictures would be "much more entailed than an engagement session, so that wasn't a possibility unless we wanted to pay extra." Riiiight.

The more I think about it, the more it makes me angry that the other photographer didn't offer us the courtesy of letting us know our date had been taken - until we told her we had made the decision to go with her. I don't think that's the type of person we need to be working with! Like the subject line says, things do work out :).

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment