Monday, March 12, 2012

75 and 1

75 = the number of days until our wedding!

1 = the number of days until the two year anniversary of our first date.

Before I met Patrick, I amused myself by writing an online dating diary/blog. I thought it'd be fun to look back & read my entry after that first date (I referred to Patrick as "Red")...
Post-date update: We went to a cute little restaurant that served a kind of gourmet hot pocket that originated in England. It had a long wine/beer list and was a great, casual atmosphere. We sat talking for about 3 hours. The conversation wasn't awkward at any time, and I tested it by intentionally not saying anything a couple times to see if he would keep the conversation going and ask questions. He passed! Red was very nice, has a great job that he loves, is in the process of buying a house, is close with his family and we seem to have a lot in common. We went our separate ways after dinner: he went home to take care of his dog, and I headed out to meet friends. We've texted back and forth a few times this week, and he's coming to kickball again tomorrow. I'm a little iffy because my parents will be there, too lol. I'm totally not trying to be the girl who introduces a guy to her parents after one date, but at the same time, I don't want to be rude!
The plan for next time is to go to the driving range on Sunday after my parents leave. I'm looking forward to hanging out with him again, and we'll see how I'm able to hit a golf ball after not touching a club in over a year ;).
  It's been a fantastic two years, and I'm looking forward to many more.

-Lisa

1 comment:

  1. That's so sweet! I actually had just started doing the online dating thing when I met Kevin (online) and was starting up a blog to write about the crazy guys I encountered.

    ReplyDelete