Thursday, March 8, 2012

New Pictures: Coming Soon!

One of the things I've been wanting to do was to get new engagement pictures taken. The original ones were fantastic, but since I've worked so hard to slim down, I wanted some pictures to reflect that... and the goal was to get one good one to use as a big entrance photo for the wedding. We had a fun photo shoot today with Banks, and before seeing the final versions, I can confidently say we were successful!

The site of our photo shoot was the Scottsdale Civic Center Mall Plaza. It has a LOVE sculpture that I've adored since the first time I saw it a few years ago. After looking into it, I found out that there are versions of this sculpture around the world (including New Orleans, Philadelphia, Lisbon, Vancouver, Tokyo, Jerusalem and Singapore); this one is red and blue, and there are other versions other color combinations including blue/green and red/white/blue.

The sculpture was incorporated into the majority of pictures we took tonight, and we were able to time it out to take most of the pictures during "magic hour" (which is apparently the hour-ish before the sun completely sets and created some gorgeous lighting for photography).

Banks already sent some of the pictures for us to look at (and I'm THRILLED with them), but I'm going to hold off on posting any of them until they're touched up and some effects are added. I'll leave you with a teaser shot of the sculpture and keep you wanting more... Isn't it the perfect touch for the pictures?!


- Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment