Sunday, March 4, 2012

St. Louis Shower

I've known this for a while, but I'm so lucky to have such a great family! Yesterday was my wedding shower in St. Louis, and it was hosted at my cousin Lindsey's house.

They went above and beyond with the foods I grew up with at all the family get-togethers (chicken salad sandwiches, jello/pretzel salad, crab pizza, etc, etc, etc). My grandma made chocolate-covered strawberries, and there was a really cute cake in our wedding colors.

We played a bingo game - which was very appropriate for our family! - that included filling out the bingo board with the gifts you thought I'd receive. My grandma, the Shower Queen, was the winner of that game and the only person to get a bingo! Afterwards, we played a 'How well do you know Lisa?' trivia game. Olivia, my dad's cousin Karen's daughter, only missed one question to win.

Here are some of the questions; how well would you have done?
  1. What college did Lisa attend?
  2. What sport did Lisa get cut from in high school? (NOTE: I'm still bitter about this, haha)
  3. What foreign country did Lisa study in?
  4. What's Lisa's shoe size?
  5. Where did Lisa and Patrick meet?
Answers: 1. Columbia College / 2. Volleyball (and the coach apologized my senior year) / 3. France / 4. Nine / 5. At the kickball field

Top & Bottom Left: Focused! Bottom Right: My gift helper, Logan

We got some great gifts from the registry and also some fun gifts that we hadn't expected. We're in Missouri until about 5:45 tonight, and then we're headed back to Phoenix. The trip has been great so far; we got into town and headed to Cecil Whittakers (my favorite St. Louis-style pizza place). We've been able to relax and just spend some time with the family - including Doodle, who drove the 2 hour trip after he got off work at 11:30pm on Friday night. 

With the RSVP's we've received this weekend, we're up to 50 'YES' responses! That brings us 1/3 of the way to the number we've been throwing around as our guest count guess (well, we're actually guessing somewhere around 150-160), and we actually got our first official international RSVP this morning - from Ireland!

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment