Thursday, March 1, 2012

Loving the RSVP Emails

My mom told me that one of her favorite parts of the time leading up to her wedding was getting the RSVP's in the mail. Since we're doing ours online, I get an email each time someone RSVP's, and I have to admit that I agree. It's so much fun to get the responses!

We knew that since we decided to have the wedding in Phoenix, it could be too much for people who live in other states to handle. There were a number of people on our list who we weren't necessarily expecting to make it - but definitely hoping they could. One of those RSVP's came today... and my friend Danita is coming to the wedding!

Showing off our 2007 WNBA Championship rings

This made me so happy! She and I worked together at the Mercury for a few years, and she's fantastic. She now lives in Tulsa and is  working for their WNBA team (the Shock). Especially since our wedding is happening the same time of year as the beginning of the season, the timing worked out perfectly: they have away games Memorial Day weekend. I unfortunately can't say the same for the Mercury: their home opener is May 26th at 7pm... the exact same time as the wedding reception. I'm hoping that people we've invited who have to work the game can show up and celebrate at the reception afterwards.

- Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment